Sunday 27 October 2013

The Love i left behind

Proverbs 12:10

New King James Version (NKJV)
A righteous man regards the life of his animal,
But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.


Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind.  If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask…

To a poor and lonely stray I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I’d will to the sad, scared shelter dog and cat, the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand”

Instead, go find an unloved dog or cat, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.

This is the only thing I can give….

The love I left behind.





Photos: Linda Rostoll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.