Sunday 6 October 2013

Oh how wonderful God's love is!

After a long cold winter He gives us summer in full bloom and all the blessings that the summer season brings.

We can spend warm  summer nights with family and friends next to a braai filling our lungs with the fresh air or we can have long lazy Sunday afternoons beside the pool just relaxing, soaking all the sunlight our bodies can endure. 

Summer also brings rain of hope and growth and reminds us of God’s promises, especially when the first rains soak the earth leaving a smell of clean fresh air and then appears a rainbow full of color to demonstrate His promise to each one of us who believes in Him as their Savior. 

Life is great when we can live each day praising God for His everlasting love and to have hope that one day we will have summer for forever.

Today I celebrated my 34th wedding anniversary even though my loving husband is no longer here to remember this day, I still have my two beautiful daughters to remind me of his love, a love that I will always treasure as a blessing, and I have hope that one day summer will be mine forever.
14 year old JJ having fun in his grandmother's garden

"There is a garden in every childhood,
an enchanted place where colors are brighter,
the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again"
Elizabeth Lawrence

Face Painting: VikkiToria
Photos: Linda Rostoll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.